Sunday, May 16, 2010

.....SiMuLa Ng PaGbAbAgO....

Finally.... After 5 days of being sick I got the chance again of writing on entry to my blog. Akalain mo yun? 5 days na pala akong nilalagnat! I don't even noticed that I'm sick coz I'm still working at night. I dont grab the opportunity of using my sick leave. Speaking of 5 days, its been 5 days that I quit smoking. Early this morning, I read an article about this and it encourage me to post an article than making a comment. Have you ask yourself lately why you smoke? ANd what is behind that? If I am being ask with this questions before I used to answer that I need it, I want it, I have extra money to buy cigarettes and to release my stress. Why we smoke? Whats behind this? only few of questions in our mind that's kinda hard to answer. Some questions we have ay alam natin ang sagot but still lingers in our mind dahil ayaw nating tanggapin ang sagot. NO OFFENSE! JUst an information to share since I quit smoking. So here it is:
  • One reason to quit smoking is that smoking tobacco endangers health and life. Smoking has been linked to more than 25 life-threatening diseases. It is, for example, a major contributor to heart attack, stroke, chronic bronchitis, emphysema, and various cancers, especially lung cancer.
  • SMOKING is not for those who want to live a long and happy life. The probability that a long-term smoker will eventually be killed by tobacco is 1 in 2. The director-general of the World Health Organization (WHO) stated: "A cigarette is . . . a cleverly crafted product that delivers just the right amount of nicotine to keep its user addicted for life before killing the person."
  • Of course, a person may smoke for years before being stricken with one of these diseases. Meanwhile, smoking does not make a person more appealing to others. Advertising portrays smokers as glamorous and healthy. The reality is different. Smoking makes the breath stink and stains teeth and fingers a yellowish-brown. In men it contributes to impotence. It causes smoker's cough and shortness of breath. Smokers are also more likely to experience premature facial wrinkling and other skin problems.
Hooked in a very young age
A study in the United States showed that 1 in 4 young people who tried cigarettes eventually became addicted. This was similar to the addiction rate of those who experimented with cocaine and heroin. Though about 70 percent of adolescent smokers regret having started, few are able to quit.

What Is in Cigarette Smoke?
Cigarette smoke contains tar, consisting of over 4,000 chemicals. Of these chemicals, 43 are known to cause cancer. Among them are cyanide, benzene, wood alcohol, and acetylene (a fuel used in torches). Cigarette smoke also contains nitrogen oxide and carbon monoxide, both poisonous gases. Its main active ingredient is nicotine, a highly addictive drug.

And sa mga ultimate smokers sa office! Janice, Vince, Xtian, LJ, Ma'am Irene and Ma'am Levz Goodluck! Hay! Finally! I can totally say that I QUIT SMOKING.....

No comments: