Thursday, July 7, 2011

.....A mOnThLy PrOjEcT.....


“Wala lang trip trip lang”

Picnic Grove

Tagaytay, Cavite

Bon and Pet tripping


“Tagay Tay”! Its sounds like you are inviting your father to drink a glass of Tanduay. Tagaytay is located in the province of Cavite. The place is 55 kilometers away from Manila passing through the Aguinaldo high way.

Originally the place I want to visit for this month is Bagiuo City, but worst the “Bagyo Falcon” was the first one to visit me here in Manila. So I decided to search for the place which is nearer compare to Bagiuo. Finally, I have a strong-willed to visit Tagaytay in Cavite. I called my cousin Bon to go with me on my target place. He agreed to join me on my trip going to Picnic Grove. Its exciting because we both not familiar with the place and it’s our first time to visit the place. We are determined to visit the place on the 25th of June. But the typhoon Falcon is more determined to flood the Metro Manila on that day. And that is enough reason to cancel our trip since it’s so hazardous to travel that day. When I woke up the next day! It’s a beautiful Sunday morning! Falcon is away! I called my cousin and informed him that where going to go on with our trip.

On the backside of Sogo hotel near the Taft Avenue Station of MRT, we found the Bus Station going to Tagaytay. We pay for our fare amounting 78.00 Pesos each and ask the bus attendant to drop us on the town of Olivares Tagytay. After almost two hours we reach the town of Olivares. We look for a tricycle to carry us going to Picnic Grove. Picnic Grove is the most popular place to visit in Tagytay since the resort goes with the breathtaking zip line. The place is just few minutes away from the town of Olivares. When we get there we pay for a very economical 50.00 Pesos entrance fee. After that we ramble around the place. There are a lot of people on that day since its Sunday. I enjoy the view of Taal Lake and of course the Taal Volcano. Our lunch is easy on the pocket and perfect when it comes to taste! After three to four hours of staying in Picnic Grove we decided to leave the place since its getting behind schedule. The Colettes Buko pie is the best among all the delicacies I found in Tagaytay. You should try it when you get there.

When I arrived home, I search for the History of Tagaytay. Trough Media and research I find out that the place named Tagaytay came from the word “Taga” meaning to cut and “itay” meaning father. It’s a story of father and son, and sad to say I don’t know what’s the story about. All I know is that the son keeps on shouting or asking his father to cut or let say to “taga” the monster or whatever creatures attack them. He keeps on shouting the word “taga Itay” “taga Itay”. Until communities of that place heard him (the son) shouting the word “Tagaitay”. And as a final point they called the place Tagaytay. That’s it! Correction on story will be accepted.

No comments: