Thursday, July 7, 2011

.....A mOnThLy PrOjEcT.....


“Akoy lakwatsero”

Victoria Parish Church
Victoria Calapan Mindoro Oriental
Bonbon’s wedding

Finally, before turning my age to thirty I reach the island of Mindoro! I got an invitation from my cousin to attend his wedding. I travel miles away from Manila, ride in a different kinds of hauling, dealing with different people and I got the chance to gain new friends on my way going to Mindoro. I don’t even think that sometimes in my life I will reach the Island of Mindoro. Traveling alone on the place that I am not familiar is a huge challenge for me. 6th of May at around one in the morning I decided to leave the house. My foot brings me to Jam liner a bus company station going to Lipa Batanggas Pier. I travel almost two hours going to the quay in Batanggas. Then I am in hurry purchasing a ticket for a ferry boat that will depart at five in the morning. On the ferry boat going to Calapan City Mindoro, I got the chance to gain new friends. I get pleasure from the scenic views of the islands I passed by. The gorgeous island of Isla Verde with lots of beautiful resort got my attention. As I noticed there are communities who leaves in the island, I am wondering how they like living on that island. But I know it’s a peaceful place to leave but how can I survive life without Malls, without internet connections. Walang Facebook, Walang Youtube at walang Yahoo na magpagtatanungan ng mga katanungan. Funny! I passed the Island of Baco Medio as well, its smaller compare to Isla Verde and I am not sure if there’s a community who stays on that area. After two hours of enjoying the fresh and gentle wind on the sea. I reach the Calapan Pier few minutes before seven in the morning. I look for the shuttle who can take me to the town of Victoria. On my way going to my specific destination I see a lot of captivating spot in the town of Naujan and Bauan. Its seven forty five in the morning when I reach the town of my cousin’s bride the peaceful town of Victoria in Mindoro. In front of Victoria market place I deal with the “traysekel” drivers to bring me to Brgy. Malabo. Baranggay Malabo, Para sa akin hindi malabong marating ko ang lugar na ito! I reach my cousin’s bride residence in fifteen minutes. I enjoy their place, traditions, cultures and a very pleasant people. The night before the wedding is the most interesting part. There’s the unlimited food and a disco with the beautiful ladies of their village. The picture on the top is captured before the wedding ceremony outside the parish church of Victoria. Anyway, Thanks for the invitation and I wish a happy and peaceful married life to Bonbon and Rochelle! Congraaaaaaatulations!

No comments: